Encapsulation technology is used in the pharmaceutical sector to fill hard or soft capsule shells with various dosage forms. These capsules are then taken orally or used as suppositories. Most encapsulation machines make use of either the tamping or the dosator principle, depending on the formulation. These machines are built to ensure optimal production and a low rejection rate.
Our encapsulation equipment is manufactured by ACG Engineering, which has over 5 decades of experience with capsule technologies. They produce R&D scale, pilot scale and production scale encapsulation equipment as well as a range of related supporting equipment. The AF Series of automatic capsule filling machines is ACG Engineering’s flagship range. More than 1600 installations have been conducted worldwide for different types of capsule fillers covering powders, granules, pellets, tablets, capsule dosage forms and over 3,000 formulations. Liquid encapsulation models are available for liquid filing in hard shells. Containment models are also available for filling highly potent substances. For unique encapsulation needs, Customized Oral Dosage Encapsulation (CODE) is available.
- AF Series 40,000 to 200,000 capsules per hour
- ZRO Series high yield capsule filling machines up to 90,000 and 200,000 capsules per hour
- LEGEND Series up to 90,000 and 150,000 capsules per hour
- Fluidocap and Proseal for liquid filling up to 70,000 capsules per hour
- Securefill Series for containment from 6,000 to 40,000 capsules per hour
- R&D and pilot scales up to 1,000, 6,000 and 25,000 capsules per hour
Ancillary equipment includes:
- Capsule and tablet sorter
- Metal detector
- Sample checkweigher
- De-duster and polisher
- Lifter/ tippler