In pharmaceutical solid dosage manufacturing, granulation is one of the first steps. Granulation is the process of collecting powder particles together by creating bonds between them either by compression or by using a binding agent. This increases the compressibility. For example, if one were to make tablets from either granulated sugar or powdered sugar, the granulated sugar would be much easier to compress than the powdered sugar. During the granulation process, one or more powders are combined into a granule, and this allows the tableting process to be predictable and to produce quality tablets within the required tablet-press speed range.
Our granulation equipment is manufactured by ACG Engineering, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of fluidized bed combos. We offer a single-source solution to all your granulation equipment needs—building, installation, commissioning, after-sales service and process support in conjunction with our principal ACG Engineering. ACG offers a wide range of R&D lab and pilot scale as well as production scale granulation equipment. Whether you are looking for a full integrated granulation line or stand-alone high shear mixers (HSM) and fluid bed processors, we can help. Our customer base spans from pharmaceutical, chemical, food & feedstuff industries, all these with applications including batch granulation, agglomeration of powder products, top spray film coating and batch drying of moist substances.
- Capacity: A range of granulation equipment models are available for batch sizes of 200 ml to 1275 litres
- Drying, top spray granulation and Wurster coating possible in the same fluid bed machine
- Wet granulation using HSM and single pot technology are available options
- All contact parts made of high-quality AISI 316L
- Automatic loading and unloading mechanism
- Advanced safety with 12 bar explosion containment
- ATEX certified sensors
- Wash-in-place mechanism
- 21 CFR part 11 compliant PC control system available